Kreon 10000iu Imported 100 Capsules
(Liquid error (sections/product-template.liquid line 176): divided by 0% off)
Packing Size: 100s
WHAT IS KREON?
Kreon (pancrelipase) is a combination of three enzymes (proteins): lipase, protease, and amylase. These enzymes are normally produced by the pancreas and are important in the digestion of fats, proteins, and sugars.
Kreon is used to replace these enzymes when the body does not have enough of its own. Certain medical conditions can cause this lack of enzymes, including cystic fibrosis, chronic inflammation of the pancreas, or blockage of the pancreatic ducts.
Kreon may also be used following surgical removal of the pancreas.
Kreon may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
HOW SHOULD I USE KREON?
Use Kreon as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Kreon comes with an extra patient information sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it carefully. Read it again each time you get Kreon refilled.
- Take Kreon by mouth with each meal or snack as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow Kreon whole with enough liquid to swallow it completely. Do not break, crush, chew, or hold Kreon in your mouth before swallowing. Doing so may increase the risk of mouth irritation from Kreon. Follow with a glass of water or juice. Contact your doctor if you experience mouth irritation while taking Kreon.
- If the patient is an infant (up to 12 months old), open the capsule and sprinkle the contents into the infant's mouth or over a small amount of applesauce at room temperature. Do NOT mix Kreon directly in breast milk or formula. If sprinkled onto applesauce, give the mixture to the infant right away. After giving Kreon, follow it with breast milk or formula. Be sure that none of the medicine is crushed, chewed, or left in the mouth.
- If the patient is an adult or child older than 12 months old who cannot swallow the capsule whole, open it and sprinkle the contents over a small amount of acidic soft food (such as applesauce) at room temperature. Mix the medicine with the food and swallow the entire mixture right away, followed by a glass of water or juice. Be sure that none of the medicine is crushed, chewed, or left in the mouth. Check with your doctor if you are unsure which foods you may mix with Kreon.
- If you miss a dose of Kreon, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once or take a dose without a snack or a meal.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Kreon.
Please read enclosed instructions for use before use. If symptoms do not improve, seek medical advice.